Dante Ferretti's Profile
Brief about Dante Ferretti: By info that we know Dante Ferretti was born at 1943-02-26. And also Dante Ferretti is Italian Designer.
Dante Ferretti Biography
- Dante Ferrettii (February 1943) is a known Italian art director, costume designer and renouned production designer for films. He was born in Macerata, Italy and paved his way through the industry with his distinct taste in style.
- He has worked for many acclaimed directors, both American and Italian. With Pier Paolo Pasolini, he made five-film collaborations; Federico Fellini, of which he became a protege and worked with him in five films; and Martin Scrosese, of which he designed seven of his last eight movies. He also worked with Terry Gilliam, Franco Zeffrelli, Francis Lord Coppoloa, Anthony Minghella and Tim Burton.
- He is married to a set director, Francesca Lo Schiavo, whom he collaborate with frequently. At the Theatre du Chatelet in Paris, he designed the set for Howard Shore's opera, The Fly. It was directed by David Cronenberg in 2008.
- Throughout his career he has won three BAFTA Awards and three Academy Awards for Best Art Direction for films The Aviator, Sweeny Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street and Hugo. He had seven previous academy nominations and was even nominated for Best Costume Design for Kundun.
- In 2012, he designed the decor of the Salumeria Rosi Parmacotto, a restaurant in Manhattan Upper East Side. His design included a threatrical dining room combining faux-Roman statues and peeling-paint Pompeii-like frescos. He emphasized this design with recessed spotlights and red walls in contrast with modern white leather armchairs.
I didn't want to be an actor. I wanted to design historical movies like 'Ben-Hur'. I saw this as my life.Tags: Design, Life, Movies
I studied fine arts and architecture, but I decided to move into movie design because I grew up in a small town in the Marche region and spent a lot of time after school in the movie theater.Tags: Design, School, Time